We assist clients with both buying and selling small and medium sized privately owned businesses and seeking investment for growth. We have worked with early stage technology start ups as well as established family businesses, mainly in UK but also Eastern Europe.
Our experience in the construction industry and hospitality sectors enables us to target potential acquisitions where we already have background knowledge. Research into potential targets is also carried out using company databases and speaking with our many contacts, including lawyers, accountants and insolvency firms where it can be possible to make a potentially higher risk investment, in an established business, at a low price. We generally approach business contacts, many developed over more than 25 years to source financial and trade investors.
Confidentiality is of paramount importance and we can approach companies for investors, on a strictly confidential basis.
Stakeholders seeking to sell privately owned companies, engage us to help them prepare for a sale and our role embraces:
- enterprise valuation
- reviewing business structure
- testing and presenting financial information
- carrying out preliminary due diligence
- considering deal structures
- reviewing or developing corporate strategy with the management team
- preparing teasers and information memorandums
Our services include carrying out financial due diligence on target companies and responding to due diligence enquiries on behalf of selling companies.
- Corran and Butters  EWHC 2294 | Davies and Lynch-Smith  EWHC 2336
- Get ahead in 2020
- ICAEW Corporate Finance Faculty's 2019 Annual Reception: Awards and Prizes
- McCallum-Toppin and McCallum-Toppin  EWHC 46
- Building an asset-based lending team: Arbuthnot profile
- Corporate Finance Faculty staff
- Collaboration nation
- Martin and Martin  EWCA Civ 2866 (Part 2)
- Valuation Community newsletters
- Valuation Conference 2019
- Annual Reception 2019
- Waldron and Waldron  EWHC 115
- Worker takeover
- ICAEW and the creative industries
- Complex M&A debt markets - handle with care